With a bug in my throat, this is how I woke up every morning during winters .I love reading books in cold nights, but cold winds didn’t like my reading so they gave me a sore throat .To stop that I took medicines or drank warm water whole day . Looking at my sickness, one day my grandmother made me a cup of lemon tea and this worked as miracle to me after that I felt so better and I did not caught cough for a long span . I took her secret tea recipe and I am sharing it here for everyone .
lemon tea that heals old cold and cough
1.Lemon – 1 in number
2.Salt – A pinch
3.Tulsi leaves – 5 to 6 fresh leaves
4.Ginger – one small piece
5.Black pepper – A pinch
6.Turmeric powder – A pinch
7.Tea leaves -1/4 teaspoon
8.Cinnamon – 1 little piece ( an inch )
9.Sugar – 3 table spoon ( can replace with jaggery or honey )
10.Clove – 1 clove
11.Water – 3 cup
12.Cardamon – 1
13.Carom seeds – 1/4th teaspoon
Serves – Tea for two
- Keep 3 cups of water to boil .
- Make a fine paste of ginger and cardamon and add it to boiling water.
- Then add a pinch of black pepper .
- Add tulsi leaves , three spoon sugar,half clove, a little stick of cinnamon and carom seeds
- Now boil the water till it gets up to level of 2 cups .
- Then add 1/4th teaspoon of tea leaves .
- Bring one quick boil and close the stove .
- Take the serving cup, squeeze lemon juice to each cup .
- Add pinch of turmeric and pinch of salt to both and pour in cup , the boiling water from lid with tea refining jar .
When you add tea leaves , the water will be frothy.
points to keep in mind while making the perfect cup of lemon tea
- Do not boil tea leaves for more than 30 seconds .
- Remove the top of clove and then add it to avoid the excess heat .
- You can replace sugar with jaggery or honey. Honey will be also added to cup directly.g
- Turmeric, salt and lemon must be added directly to cup.
- to enjoy the tea in summers, cool it in a refrigerator.